Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventures in Primary

Do you remember that movie "Adventures in Babysitting"? I used to think that movie was so funny.

Anyways... Mark and I have loved teaching Primary for the past year or so. We are currently teaching the CTR 4 class (i.e. kids ages 4 turning 5 during the year). Yesterday, we were in the Junior Primary Sharing Time listening to some really neat presentations. They had members from the ward dress up with shawls and tell us stories as though they were people from the Bible who had witnessed miracles performed by Jesus Christ. A really great lesson that seemed to be going over well with the kids, based on the unusual quiet in the room. One woman ("Martha")stood up and told us about how her brother Lazarus was raised from the dead (see John 11-12). She very vividly described how Lazarus then walked out of the tomb/sepulchre, still wrapped in his burial clothes and with something still covering his face. I started thinking about how scary that really could have been.

Suddenly, from the back of the room, we heard... "was he a zombie?"

Oh my. I love my calling. Good question kid. I'm glad we got that straightened out.

3 comments:

  1. haha I love it! Btw Adventures in Babysitting was one of my favorite movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times! I love the catch-up blogs. I have to do those soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like serving in Primary. The thought of that terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete