Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wadsworth Parentals Visit

We always love having visitors come stay with us. I was so glad that my parents were able to come out and visit us this year! My mom had a conference held here in San Jose, so they ended up just staying at the hotel. Next time though... sleepover at our house! We had a great time hanging out with them, chatting, laughing, and having adventures.

We taught them how to play the train game (i.e. Ticket to Ride), which I think they really enjoyed. Great game. Oh, and isn't my dad looking great?!? He's lost a ton of weight in the last year since going on a very strict diet and exercise regiment. He's doing so fabulous!!


One of the days they were here, we went up to San Francisco. I have been wanting to walk across or drive across or bike across or anything across the Golden Gate Bridge every since moving to this area. So we made that happen! We walked all the way over and back. In case anyone was curious... it's kinda a long walk! I think we decided it was about 2 miles one-way. It's awesome to see how in-shape my dad is nowadays... he left us in his dust because we were going too slow and we didn't see him again until we got all the way across. He put up with our speed on the way back though. So much fun!



Mi Madre and me! Halfway across the bridge. What a fabulous lady she is!


The view of the city and the bay from the other side of the bridge.


And then, as if walking four miles wasn't enough for one day, we walked down Embarcadero to get to the correct pier for our Alcatraz adventure. If you haven't been to Alcatraz before, just be aware that it does include a fair amount of walking. All I know is that by the end of the day we were all pretty sore and tired (well, maybe that was just me). Here's us on the boat ride over to Alcatraz.



Listening to the audio tour on Alcatraz with the city view in the background.



Hanging out in the outside exercise area.


Just checking out the accommodations...


Oh gosh, I love my dad. He made me take several pictures to see if he could get his "angry prisoner" look correct. He did awesome.


Mark was less the "angry prisoner" and more the "why are you taking more pictures of me prisoner." :)


And here's some pictures on the boat ride back from Alcatraz. Well, we're not actually at sea yet. I think the boat's still docked, but we wanted to get some Alcatraz background in the picture. Anyways, we're just pretty awesome. That's about all there is to it.


I love this picture of Dad and I (is that really the grammatically correct way of saying that? looks weird...)! Partly because it reminds me of the hat that I brought all over San Francisco because it's usually cold there and it ended up being the hottest day in San Francisco I've ever seen. The hat ended up most of the day in Mom's purse. Still being the best mom ever. Always having to carry things around for us, even when we're supposed to be adults now!



All in all, we had such a fun time with the parentals in town. We got together several evenings and also spent time with the Waltons. We even all went and worked out in their hotel gym. Definitely a first as far as family activities. Very cool.

3 comments:

  1. Head, that looks like you had a blast!!! Your dad looks great!

    (Also, it'd be "I love this picture of Dad and me." So you were right, it was weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I LOVE San Francisco! And your dad IS looking awesome--I didn't even recognize him! I'm so glad your parents came to see you--I know how much that means when they live a ways away!

    ReplyDelete