Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pre and Post Wedding Ceremony

The night before our wedding, Mark and I both had our own versions of a bachelor/bachelorette party. For Mark, it ended up being him and his brother Tyler watching Golden Girls at Kevin and Rachael's house. For me, it was hanging out with my wonderful friends! Jenn, Ryan, Amber, Todd, Jessica, and myself hung out at Sparks restaurant and had ourselves some fabulous chats. Such good times!

Jenn and Amber keeping me very entertained. Love these girls.


And now back to our wedding day...

After the Temple, Mark and I took our many pictures. We had a blast, especially because the photographers were actually my cousins. It was just a bit chilly, but we survived. At one point I had planned to change out of my wedding dress for the luncheon, but when it came down to it, I didn't want to take it off. I felt so pretty! And when in the world am I going to get a chance to wear it again? (confession, I totally have been wanting to put it back on again sometime... it's a pretty dress just hanging up in our closet!) So, in my wedding dress, we drove over to the church just below the Temple where the Abbotts had put together a fabulous luncheon. They had gotten sandwich building stuff from Kneaders and my mom's sisters made some yummy salads. Once again, we were blessed to have so many of our family and friends there to celebrate with us. We love all you guys!




After cleaning up and putting things away, we made our way to my parents house to wait for our reception later that day. Several members of my family, especially Amber, were busy working on our wedding video and putting everything together. Such gems! We were able to sit down and play a little Texas hold-em. Yes, by this point, I was no longer in my wedding dress. We then headed over to the Wilkinson Center on BYU campus, which is home to the Skyroom Restaurant on the sixth floor where our reception was held. I don't have any pictures from my camera of the reception, but I do have tons from our photographers... to be shown at a later date. It was such a rush of seeing wonderful familiar faces and chatting with so many people and trying to see everyone and get some yummy food all at once. What a fun party and a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. What a sad bachelor party for Mark! Golden Girls?! Awful. I just remember playing scum. I was thinking a couple weeks back about the fact that Kev didn't get a bachelor party either, and I think it's because most their friends (Mark included) weren't even in Utah anymore. Ah well. What can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to remember all about your wonderful wedding! It was such a great occasion - we are so happy you chose each other! Love, ABBY

    ReplyDelete