Saturday, July 11, 2009

The best feeling in the world...

I love being married. When I sit and think about all that it encompasses, I just can't get over how wonderful life is and how lucky I am to be able to spend the rest of forever with Mark.

Sigh...

On to today's story. First off, you have to know that I have never really been a morning person. I love sleeping in. Always have. My family growing up would typically sleep in until 10 am or so on Saturdays. We loved to stay up late and sleep in like crazy. In fact, I have sisters who used to be able to sleep in until the afternoon if we didn't wake them up. A bit crazy, but that was our life. Mark on the other hand, is most definitely an early riser (at least compared to me). I remember him telling me once that he had slept in until 9 or 10 am and being so proud of him for how late that was for him. It's probably better for him in the long run to get up early and eventually I will have to become more of a morning person. I'm starting to get better. Usually I can't sleep past 9 am or so anymore. But getting up before that is always kind of a struggle, to be quite honest. Also, another fact you should know... our bedroom gets very light early in the morning. We have thin curtains and the sun shines right into our room. So in the morning's I usually put on a pair of my eye cover sleep masks. Yes, I know it may sound a bit weird, but I have seriously used them since I was in high school. I just need complete darkness to really sleep. I've gotten better at sleeping with some light, but it's still not optimal. So when the sun starts coming up in the morning, I'll slip on my sleep mask and go back to sleep until the alarm goes off or I finally wake up.

Anyways, now that you have the complete and utter back story... here we go.

This morning, being a Saturday, I was definitely looking forward to sleeping in. I had been quite tired this whole week and wanted to catch up on my sleep. As usual, the sun came up early this morning and I put my sleep mask on and went back to sleep. I then would occasionally wake up and toss and turn and go back to sleep. I completely lost track of time, partly due to the fact that I was completely unaware of how light it was in our room. At some point, I woke up and began wondering what time it was. I suddenly realized that it could be late enough that Mark may have already woken up and, being the great husband that he is, not wanting to wake me up, he may have gotten up already and gone into the front room. I immediately began to miss him and want him. I turned over and, completely blindly, stretched out my hand slowly to see if he was there. My fingers soon found Mark sleeping quietly next to me. I relaxed and felt such peace with the world. I happiily snuggled up closer and went back to sleep. Best feeling ever.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, cute story! I totally love sleeping in too and cuddling up with Josh... so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO cute! :-) I love to sleep in, but there's an adorable little guy who likes to wake me up on Saturday mornings. Thank goodness for cartoons, which allow me a few more minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not normally a big fan of mushiness but that was just cute ;) Perhaps because I can relate :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss doing that! MD gets us up at 6:30 am every morning. Enjoy and savor it while it lasts (which sounds like that is exactly what you're doing).

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like hearing about awesome friends so happily married! We have your wedding announcement still on our fridge(which you can kind of see in one of the pictures on our blog where Arie is smiling with the sugar cookies), and often when we are eating dinner Arie will shake his head and say, "Mark and Heather are married..." in an unbelieving (but happy) way. :) I think it's mostly strange for him to imagine Mark being married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!! I wish I was sitting there in the middle with a smore in one hand and speed scrabble in the other! that equals good times!!

    ReplyDelete