Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hawaii Day 5 (Tuesday)

  • Headed up to the North Shore, stopping by Dole Plantation to get some pineapple ice cream and to buy some warm cinnamon roasted macadamia nuts
  • Driving around Hawaii was one of my most favorite things. It was always nice enough weather to drive with the windows down, which we enjoy. During the day the wind felt nice and cool and during the evenings it never got cold enough to make the drive uncomfortable. I am a huge fan of wind, most especially in Hawaii. Which is a good thing because it is really windy in Hawaii. I absolutely loved driving around with the wind blowing in my hair. This is definitely the best picture I got of the craziness of my hair.


  • Sharks Cove for snorkeling, where we rented lockers and one snorkel (I had bought one the first time I was in Hawaii and we continued to use it) and bought an underwater camera of very cheap quality. We snorkeled around and saw great fish. Near the end though, I did end up getting a small cut on my foot. Here's Mark, the most amazing snorkeler ever!


  • We stopped by Ted's Bakery for some lunch and my much loved chocolate haupia (coconut) pie. I used to get this all the time and it is so good.


  • Sunset Beach, where we sat out and read in the warm sun for awhile, only to have the shortest and warmest rain ever (you can see the raindrops coming down in this picture of Mark).


  • After a few minutes the rain went away and the sun came out again, so Mark headed out to swim in the waves. However, he apparently got too close to some rocks, so when he tried to kick his foot to swim, he hit his foot and cut his foot pretty badly. I quickly gathered everything and we headed to where our car was parked, across the street. At our car we tried to clean out the cut with water. I know this picture doesn't show it too well, but he did have at least five pretty serious cuts/gouges.


  • Mark was a stud though and didn't let that finish our day (he's amazing) so we tried to carefully push his flip flop over the cut and headed over to Hale'iwa where we walked around and bought some souvenirs. Now that I'm thinking back on this, I think I should have insisted that we went home immediately. I can't believe we just kept going on his hurt foot! We did have to stop by Matsumoto's for our most favorite shaved ice.


  • This was the only day that I drove the rental car, because we only put Mark's name on the rental. But with the right foot being pretty hurt, I ended up driving home to our apartment.


  • Once back at our apartment I thoroughly cleaned out Mark's cuts and we were able to use some antiseptic from the front desk. We then covered it up with, oh, I don't know, how many bandaids do you think that is, 5 or 6 different bandaids?? Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment