Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE BEST VACATION EVER. PERIOD. Hawaii Days 1 and 2.

Mark and I went to Hawaii last September and had the seriously best vacation ever. I went to a spring term at BYU-Hawaii in college and thought I had the best time ever then. Turns out I was wrong. Going with the Mark-man just put it ridiculously over the top. Oahu will always be one of my most favorite places in the world and I had so much fun enjoying it all with him.

Day 1: Friday
  • Shuttle ride to the airport (where we were very early and had lots of time to hang out)
  • Airplane delayed by 1-1/2 hours after we were already seated (finished our airplane magazine crossword puzzle before even taking off)
  • Long flight where we enjoyed watching the A-Team
  • Landed in the evening and walked out to muggy lusciousness
  • Picked up our rental car (after switching cars because the first one didn't have a working cigarette lighter... not for smoking, duh, but for our GPS)
  • Followed the GPS directions to our hotel, ended up parking in a lot kitty corner from our hotel, which was cheaper and super close
  • Checked into our awesome room and ate packed poptarts because we were starving before falling asleep
Day 2: Saturday
  • Woke up super early because we weren't used to the time change yet
  • Ate poptarts again out on our very own balcony

  • Walked down the block to our first view of Waikiki Beach and enjoyed the view


  • Gorgeous drive up to the North Shore!!! This view makes me so ridiculously happy... pineapple fields with the ocean in the background. Perfection.


  • Waimea Bay, my favorite beach, where we snorkeled, laid out in the sun, read books, played in the surf, and even made up a silly game throwing rocks. The water is so blue and the sand is just so wonderfully sandy!







  • Drove to Hale'iwa, one of my favorite towns ever, and went straight to Matsumoto's for the best shaved ice. Gotta get the plastic cup (worth not dealing with the mess for a mere 25 cents), a scoop of ice cream on the bottom, and condensed milk on the top! I cannot do it justice. Simply delicious.


  • Speaking of yummy food, it was time to head out down to Giovanni's shrimp truck for the best garlic shrimp you have ever tried. Finger licking good!




  • Then we went to check out my old haunts... Laie Tempe, BYU-Hawaii, and my old apartment


  • Back to Halei'wa to eat at Cholo's Mexicano restaurant for some yummy eats


  • Safeway trip to pick up groceries
  • Long laborious walk with groceries, towels, backpack, sweatshirts, etc down three stories in the parking garage, across two traffic lights and then up 6 floors in the elevator
  • Realized how super burnt we had gotten. Mark even made me sit in a bath of freezing cold water to bring out the heat (so cold!).
  • We then realized that our bathtub wasn't the greatest and the water had actually leaked out into our bedroom, soaking the carpet. We decided we didn't care enough to actually move out and change rooms, but we did have to have the hugest fan on full blast during the next two days.
*Can you tell that I love Hawaii and I loved our vacation? Everything is the BEST EVER!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so much fun!! I am way jealous of you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than when I came to visit? Fried Twinkie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me so excited for our trip next month! Bah!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete