Monday, May 17, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

Just a quick story to demonstrate the awesomeness that is my life...

Last night Mark and I got home from visiting family (that post will have to come later). We unpacked and relaxed and watched the season finale of Survivor (ugh, totally random but I was not happy with the outcome; I didn't always like Russell, but I liked him more than either of the two girls in the final three with him). Anyways, I was pretty tired by the time we finished the 2+ hours finale and definitely ready to hit the sack, when Mark (thankfully) reminded me that I had an early morning meeting the next day. I hate to admit that I became a little grumpy at that point. I hate waking up early and Mondays are not my favorite to begin with. Mark was the sweetest to me and helped me, even though I was grumpy. He helped me get ready for a somewhat early bedtime and even offered to stay up later to make my macaroni and cheese for lunch. (another random note: if anyone has any good ideas for things to eat for lunch, please share! Lunch is my absolute least favorite meal of the day because I can never think of what to eat and I hate to pack one every day and it just drives me crazy) Mark helped me through the process of brushing my teeth and tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight. During the middle of the night I woke up from a nightmare, nudged Mark, and asked him to cuddle with me because I get scared. Mark automatically pulled me in and held me close and cuddled with me all night long until the morning. Best husband ever. When I woke up super seriously early, I got ready for the day and was about ready to head out when Mark woke up and immediately remembered and asked me about my dream. (random: Mark usually wakes up the same time I do, but I just had such an early meeting and he had a test that day). I love this man! He is so kind to me, even when I'm grumpy and needy and crazy. He's amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast having you here! Thanks for the visit! And I'm so glad that Mark is taking good care of you!! Those Abbott boys are sure sensitive to their wives needs!! (:

    ReplyDelete