Tuesday, April 27, 2010

June 2009

The complete and utter highlight of the month of June was Mark's birthday!!!!!!! I am always glad to celebrate him and was even more pumped because it was one of our first birthdays being married and I got to spoil him even more than normal. I tried to make all of his favorite dinners and desserts (thanks to Abby for sending me lots of her yummy recipes!) and gave him little presents throughout his official birthday week leading up to his birthday. I even made him a sign...


And what a great year for birthdays! Disney was giving people free tickets for their birthday, so we decided to make a day of Mark's first birthday married and celebrate at the happiest place on earth. We were also able to be with family while celebrating that weekend, which was really neat. On Saturday, June 20th, we headed over to Disneyland after ending up in a weird parking lot that neither of us had ever used before and having to take ugly shuttle buses to the park rather than the cute little trolley like usual. It was definitely an adventure though.


What a cute birthday boy!! And yes, I made him wear the pin all day and loved it when all sorts of random people throughout the park, workers and guests alike, would yell out "happy birthday Mark" all over the place.


One of the awesome Toy Story rides


I hate to admit that I really did try to let Mark win at some point, but then I lost track of our scores and just went crazy at the end. In his defense, he usually beats me. I think his gun was rigged.


I love the Haunted Mansion building. The outside of the house is pretty cool looking.


On Splash Mountain we sat in the very front and became absolutely soaking wet.


My new bff, Mr. Toad. But definitely not as bff as my real bff, Mark.


Just hanging out with our pal Minnie at her house.



We love visiting Fantasy Land late at night. There's just something so magical about these simple rides, especially when it's darker outside and the lights from the park come on. So classic. Here we are in front of the Peter Pan ride.


As the park was closing and with literally hardly anyone still around except workers begin to clean up, we shared a quick birthday funnel cake. A fabulous ending to an amazing day. What more could you expect at Disneyland?

For Mark's main birthday present, I gave him a gray Saved by the Bell sweatshirt that he had mentioned once to me (i.e. I think he had even emailed me with the link). However, the package had come at the very last minute before we had left for the weekend, so instead of opening the package, I just wrapped it in wrapping paper and presented it to Mark for his birthday on Sunday. All of his family was there, so excited to see what he would get. He opened the package and pulled out... a green sweatshirt that said "Callahan Motors." Mark looked a bit confused and thanked me before I could realize what had happened. I didn't even recognize that the sweatshirt comes from Tommy Boy. Soooo, we had to wait until we got home and called the company and had them send us the correct sweatshirt. The lesson of the moment... always check strange packages before giving them to your spouse as a present. :)

1 comment:

  1. fun, fun, fun!!!! we r going to disneyland tomorrow! yay! -hannah taylor

    ReplyDelete