Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some updates...

So I have a few minutes at work before my next meeting and I wasn't sure what to do to fill the next ten minutes... so I'm going to do a quick update blog!

As for the car:

Mark had it towed over to Pep Boys or someplace like that. Thankfully the towing was once again covered by our car insurance. Awesome. Apparently when he got the car there it took four guys to push it around and they all commented that it was heavy! So it's not just us. Even with several more guys, it probably would have been impossible to get it up those little bumps out of our parking lot. As is, I'm impressed with us that we were able to get it up the little incline. Back to the car: turns out that the battery is getting old but hasn't kicked the bucket yet. It's actually the starter that was having issues, so they had to replace that which ended up being pricy. What can you do? They then charged up the battery to make sure it would be okay and they said it took forever... it must have been pretty dead. From now on we're going to be good about not wearing out the battery to prolong it's life as long as possible. But the car is back and in great working order! It's so nice to have that taken care of.

Fall:

So, yes, I do love fall and I do believe all the things I wrote about in a previous post, but I'm remembering some of the downfalls recently as well. It's freezing cold!!! I feel like I'm almost constantly cold. Maybe we need to start running our heater or something, but it's not just our house. It's cold at work and it's especially cold outside during the morning and the evenings. And, let's be honest, those are the only hours I'm outside anymore, leading me to my next point...

Does it always get this dark this early every year?! I think it's always a shock to me, but this year seems to be even more so for whatever reason. I leave for work and it's at least sunny (but freezing), but when I leave from work it's already getting dark and basically is dark by the time I get home at 5 or 5:30. And then the rest of the night I just feel tired all the time because my body thinks it's 10 o'clock at night and time to get ready for sleep when it's only 6:00 and we're still eating dinner. So crazy.

We've had some fun adventures lately (including having my sister Amber come visit the area for a weekend with the rest of the BYU Women's Soccer Team and play in the NCAA tournament!), but I have pictures of those and will have to blog about it later. Especially because my ten minute limit is basically up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment