Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dancing through life...

So, I'm not crazy or silly all the time, but I love dancing. Ask my fiancee or my good friends. I just can't stop moving sometimes. My dance moves aren't anything to be excited about, but they make me happy. I honestly don't realize I'm dancing at times until I notice someone staring at me a bit oddly. Once I was driving home from work sitting in traffic at a stop light. It was a Friday and I was excited for the weekend and a party that night. I had the music up loud in my car and just started dancing around. Such fun! I think it was that song that goes "you're my butterfly, sugar, baby." Anyways, I was dancing around and suddenly noticed that a guy was parked in his car right next to me staring at me and laughing his head off. It was so funny! I'm glad I could make someone's day better. (note: yes, I did continue dancing regardless of his laughing at me... I just couldn't stop!)

On to the story of the day (well, okay, of the month... this happened a few weeks ago actually but I just haven't had time to blog until now). Mark and I had spent an exciting evening dining and shopping, complete with a splurge at Old Navy thanks to a 30% discount coupon and a gift certificate from my Mom. We actually got quite a few items and had fun walking around the store finding stuff and trying them on (or at least I had fun... hehe). About a week afterwards, we had another fun-filled evening... finishing our Target registry! We sure are exciting nowadays! Mark and I were walking around the aisle and we walked past a teenage girl. She looked at me and said, "do I know you from somewhere?" I often will just play along with people who say that and kinda pretend that I vaguely recognize them, even though I know I've never seen them before. This girl was the same way. I didn't recognize her one bit. And it surprised me so that I just said "no, I don't think so." I asked her if she lived somewhere nearby or something, but knew that wouldn't help. I've only been out here for about two years and had very little interaction with family wards or any teenagers. Finally, she said, "wait, weren't you dancing around Old Navy the other day?" To which I did have to sheepishly admit to. Mark and I had a good laugh about it. Apparently my dancing is just that good...

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather, that just makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made an impression one someone:) That's awesome! Thrilled you two have already started bloging! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical, typical. I can't wait to see you guys! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet Heather! I just love you. I love how happy you always are. Can't wait to see you two married in a couple of weeks!!!- jeriann

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha that is awesome! I love it dear...man I love doing that too though. People always catch me doing it in the car and just laugh, but whatever! It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. That is awesome! And welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got your invite in the mail. So cute! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you two! Good luck with all the plans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats funny! Keep on dancing Heather! Only, now you'll have to get Mark to dance, and the rest of the Abbott boys in fact!

    ReplyDelete