So, I was just brainstorming on why in the world I am so in debt on my PTO while others seem to have in abundance. Here is what I remember from the last few years...
- Began in the positive
- Two weddings in June over the course of two weeks (Kara Jean's in Utah, Todd's in So Cal)
- Family wedding in August (Ashley and Dave)
- One of my best friend's weddings in September (Jenn and Ryan)
- A few days off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, including forced time off over New Years, but it turned out ridiculously happy because that's when we got engaged)
- Family wedding in January (Kev and Rachael - and actually I didn't have to take any time off for this, but still... just so you get an idea of how busy we were with weddings!!)
- Family wedding in February (Heidi and Seth)
- April: Mark's graduation, our wedding, and our honeymoon!!!
- 6 days required forced time off during the fall
- And lots of days off for Christmas again with forced time off and taking time to see both families!
Okay, so once I actually listed it out, it doesn't sound so bad. I just was so aghast to hear people talking aobut their excess PTO. I just wish I wasn't so in the hole...